Business Tools & Chamber Programs
The Meeker Chamber offers tools and resources for marketing and business growth. Additionally, click here to find out about membership benefits.
ChamberMaster is the database the Chamber and its members use to update business information, add HOT DEALS, Job Postings, and submit events to the Event Calendar. To access your Member Only Login, click here.
LoveMeeker – Shop Local We promote the value of shopping local with our LoveMeeker Program, sponsored in collaboration with White River Electric Association. Biz of the Month highlights a business with additional advertising promotions all month long.
Chamber Bucks Keeping dollars in our community, the Chamber sells “Chamber Bucks” to be purchased at our office and used like a check at most local businesses. Chamber Bucks make great gifts for employees, friends, and family, and encourage people to shop locally! We participate in National Small Business Week and Small Business Saturday to help promote our local businesses.
Meeker Ambassadors are volunteers who work with the Chamber of Commerce to welcome, greet and inform our new citizens and businesses, showcase Meeker for all it has to offer, and provide support at Chamber events. If you are interested please call the Chamber 878.5510
ONLINE SURVEY TOOLS: We can develop a survey for you to email to your client base to reach out and gather information. We will gather the survey results and sent them to you.
ONLINE JOB POSTINGS: Post your job listing on our website, this will also be posted on our facebook page.
- Promotional Text: Your message can be sent via text to citizens who opt-in to receive our text notifications. Send an immediate reminder to those who want to know.
- Facebook Posts: The Chamber Facebook page can “share” and “like” your facebook posts to help you reach a larger audience. If your business doesn’t have a facebook page, we can post your photo and message on the Chamber page. This is a great way to reach thousands of people through social media.Here is a Social Media Toolkit that summarizes all things social: 52 Top Social Media Tools for Business – 2017 Edition (1)
- E-Newsletter Notice: Post your announcement in our monthly e-newsletter
- Digital Community Calendar: List your event in the Community Calendar on the Chamber website
- Grand Opening / Ribbon Cutting / Open House: Reach out to the community and announce your business with a grand opening, open house or a ribbon cutting.
- Business Information Display: Promote your business and reach customers with a booth at our Meeker Markets. Display your business cards and brochures at our Visitor Center to give visitors a first impression of your business.
DIPSLAY OUR PUBLICATIONS AT YOUR BUSINESS:Please call the Chamber at 878-5510, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can deliver or arrange for you to pick up your item(s) or for shipping.
- Chamber Community Directory: An annual publication listing all of the Meeker Chamber of Commerce membership.
- Northwest Colorado Visitors Guide: Information about Meeker and Rangely for visitors, including maps and area information.
- Meeker “Dine Shop Stay & Play Map”: Offer this map at your place of business to direct and guide visitors through our town.
- Mailing Labels: Avery 5160 labels of all Chamber members (Key person with addresses).
- Newcomer Packets for New Hires, Recruitments or Relocations: We would be glad to mail one packet to a new employee or bring one to your place of business to hand out. Packets include the Northwest Colorado Visitors Guide, Chamber membership Directory, current Herald Times issue, and other publications in our office from our members including, restaurants, businesses and recreational activities.
BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT TOOLS
MEEKER TOWN GRANTS: Each year the Town makes available the Meeker Business Grant Program. This two-track program will provide grants to businesses via a competitive application review process. Click here for the Town of Meeker website
TAKE 5 MINUTES to improve your business with the “5-Minute Business Plan” and other quick forms created by Mary C. Kelly, PhD at www.productiveleaders.com. These help businesses think about their business goals, visions, productivity.
- Mary Kelly – 5 min business plan
- Mary Kelly – 5 min focus plan
- Mary Kelly – 5 min life plan
- Mary Kelly – 5 min productivity plan
- Mary Kelly – 5 min vision plan
- Mary Kelly – 5 min year in review
SBDC: The Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides business consulting, technical assistance and workshops to small business communities.The SBDC can provide information on licensing, issues to consider when choosing a legal entity, finance, marketing, intellectual property, and much more. Click on this link for information about FREE coaching. Contact the Chamber with questions or assistance with the registration process.
RIO BLANCO COUNTY: Click on the link for information about Economic Developemnt in the County, including feasability studies, demographic info and updates. Rio Blanco County Economic Development
COLORADO WORKFORCE CENTER: The Colorado Rural Workforce Consortium strives to make sure that every Colorado business has access to a skilled workforce and every Coloradan has access to meaningful employment, resulting in statewide economic vitality. www.yourworkforcecenter.com
NON-PROFITS / SPECIAL DISTRICTS
Board Handbook provided by DOLA and the Main Street Program: CO Main Street Board Handbook FINAL 8_1_16
Power Point presentation January 2017: Meeker Main Street Training