Living in Meeker
Meeker is a great place to live and do business!
Get involved and stay informed. Board meetings are open to the public.
- Meeker Classic: second Tues
- Rec District: third Tues
- School District: 7pm, first and third Tues
- Town Board: 7pm, first and third Tues, Town Hall
- Range Call: 7pm, third Thurs
- Old West Heritage Tourism: first and third Tues, 1:30pm, Heritage Culture Center
- Rio Blanco County: 11am, 2nd and 4th Tuesday in Meeker, (3rd Tuesday in Rangely) County Courthouse
- Hope West Meeker: first Thurs. 7pm, St James Episcopal Church
- Pioneers Hospital Board: 12pm, Board room,third Thurs
- Historical Society: 5:30 pm, last Tues, Heritage Culture Center
- Meeker Arts and Culture Council: first Mon, 6:30pm, Heritage Culture Center
- Meeker Chamber of Commerce: second Wednesday 5:30-7:30pm, Kilowatt Korner
- Meeker Main Street Program (Project45): third Thursday, 12pm, Heritage Culture Center.
Eastern Rio Blanco Metropolitan Recreation & Park District
The ERBM Recreation & Park District has provided indoor and outdoor recreation, arts and culture for the residents of and visitors to Eastern Rio Blanco County for over 30 years. The Meeker Recreation Center is a 25,000 square foot facility with a family aquatic center, modern fitness and exercise room and a lounge area with free WiFi. The ERBM Recreation & Park District also oversees and maintains all of the parks in the town of Meeker which includes an open space with a set of groomed hiking and mountain biking trails.
For more information about the ERBM Recreation & Park District, who they are and what they offer, contact them at 970-878-3403 or visit their website at www.MeekerRecDistrict.com.
Meeker School District RE-1
The Meeker School District is comprised of the Meeker High School with grades 9-12, Barone Middle School with grade 6-8 and Meeker Elementary School with grade pre-K through 5th grade. The high school offers dual-credit enrollment classes through Colorado Northwestern Community College along with other core curriculum classes, the middle school offers core academic curriculum with accelerated options in math and science, and the elementary school is a new, state-of-the art 63,ooo square foot building for the children to learn and grow in.
Visit the Meeker School District RE-1 website at meeker.k12.co.us.
Meeker Public Library
The Meeker Public Library offers free library services, large-print books, access to Internet, free wi-fi, and they have a color copier available. The library recently built an addition that provides three language labs, an audio/visual lab, 3D printer and a large outdoor courtyard with a stage. The library is located at the corner of Fifth and Main Street.
For more information and hours, call 970-878-5911.
Pioneers Medical Center
Pioneers Medical Center is a community healthcare facility serving eastern Rio Blanco County families, businesses and visitors to northwestern Colorado. The new 87,ooo square foot medical building was recently opened with family and pediatric care, emergency care, rehabilitation center, and a nursing home. As a Level IV-designated emergency center, Pioneers has a team of highly trained physicians, nurses, cardiopulmonary therapists, lab technicians and radiology technologist standing by to treat everything from a heart attack to a broken bone.
Visit pioneershospital.org or call 970-878-5047 for more information on services.
Colorado Northwestern Community College
Colorado Northwestern Community College provides accessible, affordable, quality education in Rangely, Meeker, Craig, Hayden, and South Routt, as well as surrounding areas.
Visit www.cncc.edu or call (970) 675-3301